And quite a year it’s been for technology. We’ve seen a lot of changes in 2015:
- The debut of Skype for Business Server 2015
- I changed the blog name to “Skype4B Insider” (Well, more like added a second name. You can still call this the Lync Insider if you want!)
- Office 365’s expanded services (and usage)
- The arrival of Windows 10
While PlanetMagpie does help businesses with Office 365, we like working with Skype for Business better. Lucky for us, that side of business has grown healthily this past 6 months.
- The Skype for Business Server install we did in-house went remarkably smoothly. Much smoother than the Lync Server 2013 install. (FYI: Both were Standard Edition.)
- Demand for Skype for Business consulting help continues to grow. We’re currently finalizing preparations for three new on-premise installations, simultaneously.
- The imminent arrival of Exchange Server 2016 compels some of our long-standing customers to upgrade. (Which is good – one of them still had a 2003 server running!)
Time for a Reader Poll – Voice Your Skype4B Opinion!
As this is the last Skype4B Insider post for 2015, I wanted to finish off with hearing from you, the readers. Last December I conducted a reader poll about Lync. Seems like a good idea to do another!
The poll will run until January 3rd, 2016.
Answer not listed? You can always email me here, or leave a comment below.
New Posts in January – Happy Holidays
A big thank you to all our readers! Both for your reading time and your questions & comments throughout 2015. If you have a topic you’d like to see addressed in 2016, please share it below.
We’ll see you back here the first week of January. Until then, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!